The Foundation Course runs for one academic year and 3 terms from September to July. The course enables pupils to consolidate their Literacy and Numeracy skills. Although intended for students who will be joining the ILikeToLearn Year 5 11+ classes in September, the work benefits all Year 4 students. The classes last for 2 hours each week.
Places are limited to 8 children per class and are allocated on a first come first served basis. If a time and location that suits you is not available, please call us as we might be able to start additional classes. All course materials are exclusive to ILikeToLearn.
- This course is for Year 5 children planning to sit secondary school entrance exams. The children will be prepared for a variety of test types both in terms of knowledge and exam technique.
- Lessons last for 2 hours weekly based on Maths and English. Maths classes include data handling and non-verbal – part of CEM type 11+ tests. English sessions incorporate verbal reasoning. In addition, the children enjoy a short, informal session of brain training activities such as puzzles, quizzes & vocabulary exercises. These tasks allow the children to practise reasoning skills tested by some selective schools.
- Our aim is to equip our children with whatever skills they need to achieve success, not only in fiercely competitive entrance examinations but beyond, for whatever their secondary education has in store for them.
- Places are limited to10 children per class to ensure an ideal blend of individual attention and friendly competition. All coursework and homework is included in the course fee. Children are provided with an bag, folders, vocabulary book, suitable reading material and all relevant published ILikeToLearn materials.
- If a time and location that suits you is not available, please call us as we may be able to create additional classes.
- If you are new to ILikeToLearn, to sign up for our Year 5 course, please complete the form below and we will call you to confirm your place and answer any queries that you may still have.
- To sign up if you are already registered with with ILikeToLearn please click on the following button to reserve your place
WHAT ARE THE SATS?
At the end of Key Stage 1 and 2 (years 2 and 6) your child will tackle the SATs. These are a series of National Curriculum tests designed to assess whether your child is working below, above or at the national average level for children of their age.
Whilst your child’s teacher will be continually assessing them throughout the year, the SATs results help schools to understand how they are supporting your child and ensuring good progress. They also provide you and the teachers with useful information about how your child is doing.
We support children to fearlessly tackle the SATs, building their confidence with every element of the tests and the question types they’ll face, every session.